Thursday, April 04, 2024

Starting Mini Dahlias After Dry Storage. 4 Apr 24.

 These were nice mini dahlias.  I had bought them last year in 4 inch pots, and planted in a large container.  They bloomed like champs.

I let the container dry out, and stored in the garage, dry, over the winter.  I didn't know if there would be tubers.  There were.  I really didn't do anything - just leave them dry, in their flowerpot.

This cluster sort of fell apart.  Each tuber has a small growing bud that looks viable.  I planted them un a circle in the container.


The other is in one cluster.  I think I see a growing point there too.


 I planted the first group back in that container.  The second can wait until tomorrow.

Here's what they looked like last summer. Kind of amazing.



No comments:

Post a Comment