Friday, April 19, 2024

Planting New Strawberry Plants in Containers. 19 Apr 24

 These are some strawberry plantes I ordered on Amazon.  I tried ordering from a couple of tried and true online nurseries. but now they require all sorts of personal info, which once they have ads to spam, ads, spam calls, spam texts, spam emails.  This is part of the crappification of life.  Yes, I can go to the effort to block every spam, but companies also buy and sell that info.  Plus, if I order from them again, then I have go unblock  which means more effort on my part.  That's too much trouble for 20 strawberry plants.  I also tried ordering from a nursery I have used before, but somehow their order page didn't work.  

Amazon already has my info and doesn't appear to be selling it.  If they did, then it would go to their competitors.  I think they are too smart for that.  Plus their order page always works.

OK, that curmudgeon old man rant out of the way, these  are the Ozark Ever-bearing strawberry plants that I bought.   My phone was charging when I opened the package, so no photo of that.



The bare root plants looked pretty pathetic out of the bag.  I watered them and planted as shown.  I heeled in the  remaining plants in potting soil, and watered, for planting tomorrow.

These are in shade with no direct sunlight for now.  When (if ?)  they start growing, I'll transition them gradually to full sun.  I think they'll grow.  Even in this image they seem to have perked up a bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment