Saturday, April 20, 2024

Reporting Mandevilla Vines. 20 Apr 24.

 I repotted the Mandevilla vines that I described pruning yesterday.  The water just seemed to go through the soil.  I thought new potting soil would be beneficial.

I removed them from their pots and carefully knocked off all of the old soil that I could.  It was interesting to see that the older, pink flowered vine has tubers sort of like dahlia tubers.


Before exposing those tubers, the roots didn't appear to be overly root bound.  However, the soil appeared to be poor quality, and have poor water management properties.


The younger, smaller, red mandevilla didn't have large tubers but there were some smaller ones.



Now both plants have fresh, new potting soil.  The water doesn't just run through now.  They are ready for a new year.




No comments:

Post a Comment