Saturday, April 27, 2024

More Fig Tree Air Layers. 27 Apr 24.

 After looking at various websites, some say one-year old wood is suitable got air layering fig trees, while others say three to four year old wood will work.   No harm in trying older branches as well.

So I set up an air layer on Lattarula on what looks like three or four year old wood, and the same for Violette de Bordeaux.  I also set up an air layer of Violette de Bordeaux, on first year growth.

The Lattarula is full of brebas now.  I removed the brebas from the branches that I air layered.


I decided with the last couple of air layers, to use string for fastening the Aluminum foil.  One of the web pages I consulted (forgot which one ) recommended that to allow for inspecting for root growth.

Now it's a matter of time.  A month, two months?

No comments:

Post a Comment