Saturday, April 06, 2024

Dwarf Dahlia Seedling Update. 6 Apr 24.

 The dwarf dahlia seedlings are making their true leaves now.  I think germination was about 50%.  These seeds were planted in regular potting soil.  They were at room temperature, not warming mat.  I read they do better without the added warmth.

My plan was 8 cells of "Mignon" and 8 cells of "Dandy".   Full height for Mignon is listed as 20 inches and for Dandy  24 inches (Baker Creek Seeds).   Maybe smaller if container grown?   Since some cells were empty and some had two or three plants, I rearranged today so each cell had one plant.


These are in full sun, outside, during the day and inside at night. They usually get a few hours of LED light to lengthen their day.  Watering with Schultz at recommended houseplant strength.  I think Miracle Grow at 1/4 tsp per 2 quart would do fine as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment