Friday, April 12, 2024

Seedling Update. Eucalyptus, Corymbia, and Portulaca. 12 Apr 24.

 First the Eucalyptus cinerea  (silver dollar tree) and Corymbia (lemon bush "Eucalyptus").

The Eucalyptus cinerea is the more vigorous of the two.


I cut the tips from two of the E. cinerea, to make them grow bushier.  The second tip cutting was last week.   I may let one or two of the others grow as actual trees, to plant in the yard next year.

I also cut the tips of the two most vigorous Lemon Bush Eucalyptus.  They are branching and growing nicely.  (I should note, there is some limited leaf irregularity).  It's interesting, the ones in the six pack did so poorly, while the ones in their own containers are more vigorous.   If memory serves, the ones in the six pack were multiples in their original, smaller seed sprouting pack.  I teased the roots apart to repot into the larger cells.  Maybe they really can't handle that treatment.  They seem to be growing fresh new leaves now, so I continue to give them TLC.  In comparison, the silver dollar tree Eucalyptus haven't had any problems at all.

I alternate between the common and scientific names, in hopes that will help me remember them.

The Portulaca (Rose Moss) look less delicate now.   They are also spending their days outside.



No comments:

Post a Comment