Thursday, April 11, 2024

Container Tulips Blooming. 11 Apr 24.

 These are the tulips that I planted in containers last fall.  I've moved them from the fenced vegetable garden to the deck.






When they finish blooming, I'll move them back to the vegetable garden.

These pots are big enough to require a dolly for moving them around.  

So far, deer have not come up onto the deck to eat them.  It might help to have a vigilant dog just inside the windows, barking at them.

In my garden, there are also half-barrel size containers with tulips.  They are too heavy to move.  I'm experimenting with small crops to over-plant the tulips, so the space and containers are well used during the summer.  the first attempt is strawberries.

This container had scallions, which are gone now.  The tulips are bulbs that I discovered while rearranging other areas of the garden, and replanted into this container last year.



No comments:

Post a Comment