Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Overwintered Mirabilis (Four O'Clock) Roots Growing. 30 Apr 24.

 Earlier, I was cleaning out a container that was stored in the garage.  Last year it contained annual flowers.  I forgot that among those, were Mirabilis.  Removing the soil, I found two nice roots.  

I cleaned up the roots and planted them in containers to see if the would grow.  Leaves have begun to emerge.




While cleaning the pots  I pulled off what I thought was a weed.  Now I think it was the Mirabilis growing long and thin due to almost no light.  I didn't know if the roots would have new growing points, but I giess they did.

Slugs get into the plants that are in the ground outside now.  I'll let these grow for a month or so, then plant outside.

Here is the photo of the roots.


Earlier post here.  The roots needed about three to four weeks to start growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment