Saturday, June 26, 2021

Thornless Raspberry Crop and Jam. 6.26.2021

The thornless raspberries that I moved here early 2020, settles in and made a nice crop this year. I don't know the name. They are red, floricane bearing, thornless, good productibity and delicious. I was able to get 5 1/2 cups of mashed raspberries, enough for a full batch of low added sugar pectin jam. There was a 1/4 pint extra, so the recipe was about right.
I love raspberry jam. These berries were not too much work, and were free of diseases. Definitely worth growing and worth making some jam for future months.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome raspberry jams, could it be canby, Joan, or raspberry shortcake? there isn't many thornless raspberry varieties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, I dont have a way to know the variety. The berries are not super large. It's a floricane type.

      Delete