Friday, June 18, 2021

Canning Fruit From the Garden. 6.18.2021

 I did some practice canning to see if I could do it.  First I made grape jelly, using purchased grape juice.  That worked nicely and it tastes very good. 


I eat some jelly every day, so these should be use up during the next few months.


We had some pears from Costco, which I was concerned would spoil before we ate them all. I used those to make some canned pears. They came out delicious.
The n we harvested many pounds of sweet cherries. I mace jam and canned cherries too. Im concerned about the aira e in some so will eat those first. Very delicious. They sealed well, so I think they are ok for a while.
We had some fresh local strawberries and rhubarb from the garden. I made jam.
That came out very good too. Im using lower sugar pectin when possible. SomI think I'll be ready when plums and peaches are ripe. The main question is reliably getting a good seal. Some jars did seal, so I froze them (strawberry jam).

No comments:

Post a Comment