Saturday, June 12, 2021

Sweetcorn Update. 6.12.2021

There was a lot of rain for the past couple of days. Before that I set up a lawn sprinkler to water the sweetcorn seedlings. I set out shallow plastric trays to measure, for an inch of artificial rain per watering, or just measure real rain. Today I fertilized and cultivated. The fertilizer was lawn nitrogen fertilizer, a couple of tablespoons per row. It's not organic but I have to compromise right now. This soil does not need mineral mix or organic matter in most organic feeds. Fish emulsion or Milorganite would work as well, but I don't want to buy anything right now. I fertilized the plantings that are a bit over a month old, not the just-germinated rows. 

Back bed (larger plants) is Trinity, planted in early May.  Front is the variety that I planted a week or so ago.

Back section is Early Sunglow, I forget the fron one - Delectable?  Planted late May.

No comments:

Post a Comment