Saturday, June 26, 2021

Deer Repellant. 6.26.2021.

I bought some "liquid fence" which seems to work, but that can become expensive. I think the main idea is to use something stinky, especially sulfur based. Many home recipes for deer repellant make use of eggs and garlic, blended and allowed to ferment. Here is "The enemy". Plus there is a doe and two fawns. That's a lot of garden plants. I feel sorry for the deer, but they can reduce years of garden efforts to nothingness overnight, due to one forgotten gate or one weak spot in the fence. This buck is new to the neighborhood.
I blended 6 eggs, a scoop of home made hot sauce that is too hot for me to handke, and several cloves of garlic. And sone water. That was yesterday. It's not that stinky yet, so I'll give it time.
When it's basically gag worthy, I'll filter out the solids and dilute the liquid to spray susceptable plants and shoots. I can also leave the residue among those plants, mainly squashes now.

No comments:

Post a Comment