Tuesday, June 08, 2021

Orchids Cleaned Up, Keikis Planted, and All In Their Summer Home. 6.8.2021

In addition to the very large cymbidium that I just posted about, I divided, cleaned up, and repotted a smaller cymbidium that also overcrowded its container. These went into commercial orchid bark. I also pruned the dendrobium orchids. They had some keikis which I cut off and potted as if they were established plants. They dont require much fussing over. I cut off most of the old leafless canes. I repotted one, and another got pruned but not repotted. I gave them all a good soaking and then a 1/4 strength dose of Miracle Gro for Tomatoes. That is lower nitrogen and higher potassium than regular Miracle Gro, which I guess will help root growth without overdoing top growth too much. Now they are in the orchid summer home, same as the Cymbidiums. Lots of sun and they are next to the water source. If past experience is any indication, they should grow vigorously and be ready to bloom mid winter, when most wanted.
I hope deer dont eat them. I've had them here before with no dining issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment