Friday, March 29, 2024

Re-Potting Miniature Rose (Sunmaid Kordana?). 29 Mar 24.

The replacement glazed pots came.  I selected the most well branched, vigorous looking from the yellow miniature roses, and up potted it.

Here's the result.



They are all growing very nicely.   I wanted one that I can bring indoors.  I might plant three pf the others together in a larger pot, and the fifth in the garden.

My theory is that the group makes a nice, sort of living bouquet to sell, with lots of flowers on short plants.  They get intense, wavelength - specific LED designed to keep the internodes short, specially formulated fertilizer and hormones.

At home, they need home growing conditions.  More room, completely different soil, pruning etc.  They might grow a bit taller, with longer internodes.  I'm just theorizing there.  Ad the plant matures, I think it could be bushier (with good pruning too) and more floriferous.

When wind catches those tall containers I planted them in, sometimes they fall over.  This one is heavier and not top heavy

Not root bound at all.






When I potted these a month or so ago, no roots reached the bottom.  I think they're quite healthy looking.

I did searches on all of the rose varieties on the original container. Two were not found. The only yellow one was KORpot055.  A little searching on that came up with Sunmaid Kordana.  I think the images confirm that.  I'm surmising, this is not Sunmaid Floribunda or Sunmaid Grande.

It doesn't matter.  I'm not going to propagate or sell.  It's just nicer to say "Sunmaid Kordana" than "that yellow minuature rose that i bought at Fred Meyer" or "KORpot055"

No comments:

Post a Comment