Sunday, March 31, 2024

Mini Rose Update. 31 Mar 24.

 The rose I identified as "Sunmaid Kordana") - yellow mini-rose impresses me.  Here's the first flower bud.


They are all thriving.  This is the first time I've ever been able to grow them beyond the "new" stage. Currently, they are spending all of their days outside in full sun.  Admittedly a fair amount of that is rainy.  Temp ranging 50s to 60s.  Sometimes I bring them in at night.

Of the reds, here is the first ("Bi-Mart Rescue Rose" ).   I tentatively identified it as "Danika Kordana" but I'm not certain.  It seems to be more compact and redder growth.  Same treatment right now.  Also thriving.  It's worked hard and endured quite a lot.  Now it's time to recover and thrive.



Both are getting Schulz liquid house plant fertilizer with most waterings.  It's designed to be dilute so can be used each time, sort of like "fertigation".

The other, redder, red is still in its original soil.  I'm waiting for the blooms to fade, which is starting now.    I went through the patent list on the container.  The only one among those, that is a rich red, is named "Daniela".  It's complicated and there's probably no way to know for certain.  (such as, I also thought the yellow one might be "Aloha".)

These are meant to be sold as commodities.  Like, if you buy a red grocery store potato, it could be Red Pontiac" or " Red Norland" or "Red Something Else".  It's just sold as red.  I think, similar for these roses.

Here is the Kordana website.  It looks like it's intended for vendors, not gardeners.  Not much info, only a few of their many varieties.  It's interesting to read.  

No comments:

Post a Comment