Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Hunter's Star / Christmas Quilt Pieces Cut. 27 Mar 24.

 Here are the piles of quilt pieces.  There are 8 fabrics for the 9 inch squares.  They will be cut cirner to corner to make two triangles each.  There should be one trapezoid per triangle.  don't know how many strips.  If I counted correctly, there are 128 trapezoids to go with what will be 128 triangles.  The strips turn into smaller diamonds to make star points.  I'm not certain if I have enough strips.

The trapezois is usually the same fabric as the triangle.  Mine are chosen to be somewhat similar in weight or color saturation, but not identical.


The trapezoids will be sewn to diamonds to make larger trapezoids.  Those are sewn to the triangles to make larger triangles.  Something like this.




Then two are joined to make squares, then four squares with the diamonds in the center to make eight-pointed stars.  

Hunter's Star is a traditional quilt block, I think dating to mid 19th century.  The method I am using was created by Deb Tucker of 180 design, although I have taken so many liberties with the pattern and layout, she might not want to claim me LOL.


No comments:

Post a Comment