Sunday, March 10, 2024

Planting Some David Austin Roses in Containers. 10 March 2024.

 The David Austin roses that I ordered in January came today.  They were shipped from Tyler Texas.  I don't know if they were grown there.


They were packaged wet, so I just had them in water while planting.  I pruned long or girdling roots and crossing stems, not much.  There are some pale, one inch long shoots on multiple stems on all of them.  The current chilly, rainy, overcast weather will give them a chance to acclimate.

Silas Marner went into a container that I had placed and prepared during the winter.  For all of the roses, I mixed into the soil about 1/4 cup crushed eggshells, 2 tablespoons crushed chicken bone meal, and about 1/4 cup coffee grounds.


Silas is near Vanessa Bell that I planted about one year ago.


I'm debating removing the sedum and muscari from that container.  I don't think they hurt anything, just messy.

Darcy Bussell and Bring Me Sunshine each went into planters that hold about 2 cubic feet of potting soil.  I drilled a lot of holes in the bottoms, first.




These will be on dollys so they can be moved around easily.

I ran out of potting soil, so Boscobel will wait until tomorrow.  It's in a temporary pot of potting soil for now.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Daniel.

    I found your blog in a search for american persimmon.
    I live in clark county too.
    Wondering if i might source some scionwood from you
    Noahfruitmonger@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous6:14 PM

      Hi Noah,
      Sorry, I'm not able to do any scion exchanges this year. Good luck in your search!
      Daniel

      Delete