Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Mini Rose Rescue Notes. 19 March 24.

 Here's one from the first group (yellow flower) that came from a pot that had crispy leaves and dead flowers.  I had cut them back, removed the dead leaves, washed off the original crummy soil, and repotted in good quality potting soil.  That was 21 Feb, so one month.  They get watered with dilute Schultz houseplant fertilizer (7 drops per quart of water) and are now outside 24/7.  I move them into full sun all day long.

This is the first with a flower bud.  It's interesting that happened so quickly.  The new leaves are larger and a richer color, compared to the few remaining original 



It will be nice if they bloom.  I check every day.

Here's the red mini that I gave the same treatment a few days ago.  The flower petal edges already had that sunburn.  They'l get cut off soon.  The plants really didn't miss a beat from that treatment.  They look healthy and vigorous.



These three plants were smaller than the five yellow ones, so I had planted them together but in a larger pot.

The better looking red one is waiting for a new pot.  It needs watering twice a day, so I better get to it.


Still looks very nice.  I think it's a newer variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment