Monday, March 25, 2024

Planting Tomato Seeds. 25 Mar 24.

 Today I planted most of the tomato seeds.  There will be a few more tomorrow.

My beds have room for 11 dwarf or bush tomato plants.   This yearI'm not growing much more than that.


The slicers are all open pollinated, dwarf varieties.  They do the best for me.   Some are home saved seeds or old packets.  Some new varieties.

The paste tomatoes are about half heirloom Roma, half new hybrid.  The Roma are better flavor but smaller and less productive.

Varieties, mostly dwarf slicer except Reisentraub.

BrandyFred, Chocolate Champion, Reisentraube, Sleeping Lady, Tanuda Red.

Paste.

Roma VF, old seeds of Plum Regal F1, new seeds of Paisano F1

I will start more for my neighbor too, and a few more for my garden.  I need to choose between two yellow types, not sure which one yet.


The six packs in blue holders are Portulaca.  I left a packet in my pocket, which went into the washer md dryer, so only half as many as planned LOL.

My best performer of slicers is Tanuda Red.  First quality, huge, juicy, red, prolific slicer.  BrandyFred is less productive but so delicious.  Chocolote Champio  is up there too.  Reisentraube is a bit big for cherry tomato but excellent. I have not grown Sleeping Lady before.

They are on seed warming mat.

These are in re-usable seed starters.  After using, I wash them, then run them through dishwasher to sterilize them.  



No comments:

Post a Comment