Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Planting Snowpea Seeds. 26 Mar 24.

 I planted 4 4-inch pots of snowpeas.  I don't need a lot.


This year I'm doing something different.  Snow Peas are such a treat, sweet, crunchy, moist, great flavor.  Out of the garden, they are the best.

The seeds germinate easily.  Grow fast.  Then something  voles?  jays?  both?  always gets into the screening and fencing, pulls up almost every plant and eats them all.  Rarely, I'll get one plant.

This year I'm growing them in containers.   I might transfer to garden when they are a good or so tall.  I'll bring them inside at night until I think they are too big for the herbivores.

I planted two 4-inch pots with six seeds of each variety.  I might thin to three each, once they get growing.  The packet says, one plant every two inches in a row.  Translating to container growth, maybe three or four plants?



No comments:

Post a Comment