Sunday, March 24, 2024

Planting Some New Daylilies In Containers. 24 Mar 24

 Here are some daylilies that I bought at Costco last month.


Here they are before planting.  I could have planted them any time during the past few weeks.   They were sort of "out of sight / out of mind" in the garage. They have been growing, some upside down.  I tried to unbend them a little and plant focused on having the roots pointing down.


Daylilies are resilient.  I think they'll recover fine.  With those root masses, they might even bloom this summer.  Might. 

For now, they are just North of the house.  Today is chilly, rainy and overcast.  Ad they grow and the chlorophyll fills in and darkens, I'll gradually move them to sunnier locations.

Think about what plants had to survive during the great era of botanical explorations, during the 1500s to 1800s.   I imagine some of the survivors of those sailing ship journeys were the ones capable of enduring all sorts of difficulties.  Maybe some of those passed their resilience to their descendants (as mine did, to me). 

No comments:

Post a Comment