Sunday, March 31, 2024

Eucalyptus Seedling Update. 31 Mar 24.

 I'm impressed that the Eucalyptus seedlings are easier than I expected.

First, the Silver Dollar" Eucalyptus cinerea, which were the second ones I planted.


These are all in their 4" pots now, in regular potting soil.  They are on the "plantmobile ", inside at night and outside during day.  I topped three for bushiness.  I might see if one or two will survive outside and grow into trees, so did not top those.

Second, the lemon bush Eucalyptus, Eucalyptus citriodora (AKA Corymbia citriodora).   These are a mixed situation.

The ones in 4" pots look pretty good.  I topped them a while back, and branches are forming.


The ones in the silicone six-packs don't look so great.


The leaf spots & leaves dying appeared shortly after transplanting them.  I don't know why.  Soil, light, temperature was the same.  Maybe it's because I divided some of those, so they had more root trauma.  Some seem to be growing again, so I'll keep taking care of them as I already am.

No comments:

Post a Comment