Thursday, July 08, 2021

Forsythia Cutting Update. 7.8.2021

Now all of the forsythia cuttings are in full sun in my kitchen garden. Except one, still growing small roots in jar of water. I gave them some 1/4 strength miracle gro as a boost. Some are making vigorous new shoots. I'll plant them in their final row this fall. Even though they will need two more growing seasons for a good privacy impact, forsythia grows vigorously and thick, is low maintenance, has a beautiful blooming season, and these were free. There was a little nibbling of new growth by satanic deer, but I think they wont bother mature plants too much because because I have other forsythia bushes in deer susceptible areas and they don't browse those at all. The cuttings that I started in water were definitely much less trouble, more reliable, and much more vigorous, compared to the ones I started in plant starting medium.

No comments:

Post a Comment