Monday, July 26, 2021

Dwarf Tomato Alpatieva 905A. 7.26.2021

Well, this one is bad news and good news. The bad news is, the plants are quickly succumbing to the wilt fungi, unlike my other tomatoes currently. A few weeks ago, I gave these a paper mulch, probably too late. The good news is they are the first slicers to bear in my garden this year. I think I'll move the container to a location more distant from the other tomatoes, and see if remaining fruits ripen there. Alpatieva 905A is early, but the extreme fungal susceptibility puts it on my no-grow list for the future. I wont bother to save the seeds.
Alpatieva 905A is listed as ripe in 65 days from planting outside. I started the seeds March 31, planted outside May 1. That's more like about 80 days but it is still my first slicing tomato. Flavor was OK, home grown tomato flavor but not super outstanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment