Saturday, August 03, 2024

Dividing And Replanting More Chinese Chives. 3 Aug 24.

 First, the clumps that I cleaned up, divided, and replanted, on 15 April 24.  Some were in a smaller container some in the container that I cleaned up and replanted them in.  That reestablished a nice colony.  I was careful to mulch deeply with tree leaves.  They are on the irrigation drip line.


Those are ready for a harvest.  I do give some nitrogen fertilizer about once a month, since they are a leafy vegetable and already have a deep, vigorous root system.

This week I also replanted another container, dividing the plants and replanting in rows in a raised bed.

I mixed crushed eggshells, coffee grounds, and chicken bone meal into the soil.


They also have a mulch of used coffee filters, covered with a leaf mould mulch.  They are on the drip lines.  I don't know if they will re-invigorate enough for a crop later this year.  Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment