Thursday, August 15, 2024

Extreme Pruning of Lavender Bush. 15 Aug 24.

 Still doing rehab of the border.

When I first planted the border, I moved some lavender plants there that had been in a wildflower meadow.  I don't know the cultivar.  They survived and grew, but during the past two years I was unable to care for the border.  It was taken over, mainly by thistles.

Two of those lavender plants survived but were so scraggly and woody, I didn't think they could be rehabilitated.  So I cut them off.

That was a week ago.  Today I noticed there were multiple buds growing from the bases.





Will they survive?  I don't know.  All of the web info I could find, says they can't cone back if cut down to old wood.  Maybe they will grow.   I mulched around them and gave some diluted fertilizer.  They still have about three months to grow, before frost.

No comments:

Post a Comment