Saturday, July 23, 2022

The Bush Beans Are Germinating. And I Planted Some More. 7.23.22

 These were planted 16 Jul.  I raised the anti-bird screen to give them room to grow.  Every seed germinated within about four days - pretty good I think.  They will need to be thinned next week.


I planted a row of beans where I dug potatoes the past couple of days.  It's a little exposed but also a little protected, from deer and rabbits.  I will try to protect them with more fencing once they grow bigger.  This finished off the packet of fast growing "Contender" beans.

There was a little more space, so I also planted some seeds from an old packet of "Roma" beans.  I actually like those a lot.


Tomorrow is expected to be very hot.  I don't want them to dry out, so after watering them, I covered the row with cardboard to keep them moist.


It's late for planting bush beans, but climate is changing and the extra warmth might speed them up enough for a good harvest.

No comments:

Post a Comment