Friday, July 22, 2022

Star Quilt Progress Note. 7.22.22

 Here are the main twelve stars.  Each is different.  There is one more to complete.  


I'm happy with this pattern.  When completed, the stars will be surrounded by larger stars that connect, or by diamond shapes.  I think I'll use a light blue checker pattern for the surrounding star blocks and a light grey or different light blue for the diamonds.  Also, there will be a slightly different center star.  In some, the white background shows a bit of the floor color.  When completed, it will have white batting and I hope that doesn't show.

What looks like black is actually dark blue.  There are three shades of grey.  

This pattern is based on a homespun type quilt published in Today's Quilter by UK quilt designer Lynn Goldsworthy.   My biggest changes from that are the colors and fabric choices, and it looks quite different.

No comments:

Post a Comment