Saturday, July 16, 2022

Making an Outdoor Stove Cover. 7.16.22.

 The outdoor cooking station is almost done.  Ning did most of the work, although I did the framing.   The old concrete patio needed some leveling compound, and we had the stone tiles in the garage.  It still needs a backsplash so the house siding isn't splatter stained.

I ordered some oil cloth and made a cover for the range.  No pattern, just measurements.


I've been calling this a summer kitchen, but that might be an exaggeration.  Cooking station seems more accurate.  Still, now baking and range too cooking can be outdoors, and not heat up the house.   With the roof, we can cook if there is light rain.  

Next, I'll make a cover for the propane tank, and side shades so the wind doesn't blow the stove top flames too much.  The stove cover was a test - I've never sewn oil cloth before.  It's a learning curve but went OK overall.  I used denim-strength polyester thread on the old Morris sewing machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment