Thursday, July 23, 2015

Veggies 7.23.15

Veggies.  7.23.15
Getting more and more veggies.  Tomatoes, a few every day.  Ditto for summer squash, sometimes zucchinis, sometimes the yellow summer squash.  I have not tasted the pale yellow crookneck squash yet.  They have an interesting oily feel to the skin.   The green beans are the first of the Romas.  We had an earlier crop of yellow wax beans.

As usual with zucchinis, we have too many.  We can shred some to feed the chickens.  I have given some away.

4 comments:

  1. Lookin' good, Daniel. I, too, am becoming overwhelmed by squash and cucumbers. Enjoy your harvest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Randy. I am thinking about shredding some for zucchini bread. If I have the ambition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm starting to get regular yield on beans mostly polls but I pick up some Anastasi beans at a health food store and they surprisingly doing well considering bush usually don't do well around here.
    Anastasi bean is one that the ancient people grow thousands of yrs ago
    which taste just like regular green beans to me http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b499/lancegreen1/DSCF3527_zpsgycfgsn8.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Anastasi beans look a lot like the Chinese beans that I just planted. For all I know, they are the same. Beans were exported to China in the Columbian exchange. Green beans are not native there, and they had to come from somewhere. We'll see if I get a crop. Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete