Saturday, November 05, 2022

The Final Potato Harvest. Grow Bag Potatoes. 11.5.22

 I've been procrastinating harvesting the last grow bag.  I think this is Kennebec.  I harvested today.


There were some pluses and minuses here.  On the plus side, none were sprouted, none were chewed up by voles, and they were very easy to harvest.   On harvesting, they were cleaner than in-ground potatoes.

On the minus side, I hoped for a larger crop, and some of these were small.  This was from three plants.

It's possible the soil mix wasn't rich enough.  Nothing else that I grew in this mix was as productive as I hoped, either.  I'm thinking about why, and how to replace it.  One thing I don't see so far is evidence of nematodes or other root destroying creatures.  So far...

No comments:

Post a Comment