Saturday, November 12, 2022

Planting More Flower Bulbs. 11.12.22

 These were on sale at Fred Meyer.


I planted the daffodils in the meditation garden.  Who knows how close they are to other buried bulbs.  Does it matter?  About 20% of the daffodil bulbs were dried out and crunchy.  I discarded those.


Tulips are deer and vole favorites.  I planted them in a container that previously held garlic, then cucumber.  Not sure if it is bottomless, but at least it's sheltered from deer.  I mixed the soil with some container soil mix that I'm not certain is the best.  Hope by mixing with native soil, any problems are resolved.   I gave them some organic bulb fertilizer. 

The plan fir next year, is in Maybor June I will plant therapeutic marigolds over the tulips.  The marigolds can bloom and warm the soul, and the foliage and roots can be used for preventive nematocide treatment.

I planted about 1/4 of the crocus bulbs in the garden border.  Probably plant another 1/4 in the border and the rest in the meditation garden.

Daffodils and crocuses seem to survive well here.  Tulips need more TLC.  They are worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment