Saturday, November 05, 2022

Saving Seeds for Green Bean Bush Beans. 11.5.22

 This year I was able to collect maturing bean pods from the bush beans.  I have not saved the seeds in the past, because my late planting results in the pods not maturing.  This was a hotter hear, so some of them did mature.

I let them dry inside until the pods were crunchy.


Now the drying bean seeds shell out quite easily.


I shelled the seeds.  My estimate is I need roughly 80 seeds for an early crop, and 80 for a late crop.  I think I got that many.  There are also some later ones, still drying.

Here are the seeds so far.


They need to be kept in a paper or cloth package, so they continue to dry out.

I'm not certain of the variety.  Probably either Blue Lake or Contender.  I grew both, but can't tell them apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment