Monday, November 07, 2022

The Collecting Of The Tree Leaves. 11.7.22

 This morning, while walking Rufus in town, I encountered some homeowners raking their leaves.  I offered to help, in return for the leaves.  I quickly filled the pickup bed.



The areas that I left covered with last year's leaves did great.  No weeds at all, and only sporadic watering. The leaf mulch lasted until now, but is now thinning quite a bit.  My goal is to keep those areas maintenance free next year too.

The truckload of leaves made a good start.  It's more work than I should be doing, but only once a year.

Some of these areas were too shady fir the perennials I had there, so I removed those to transplant to a sunnier spot.





It needs just a little tidying up, but basically this area is done until this time next year.  I'm really pleased this much is done now.



No comments:

Post a Comment