Saturday, November 12, 2022

Saving Eggplant and Tabasco Pepper Seeds. 11.12.22

 This eggplant was highly productive this year.  I was amazing.  So I saved seeds.


For eggplant, I didn't ferment.  I scooped out as many seeds as I could, and rinsed them off in a sieve with water.  Then I let them dry on a paper towel for a few days, then made a paper envelope to store them in.

I decided to save seeds from my Tabasco pepper plant as well.  This year my Tabascos were only minimally productive.  I'd like to grow enough to make Tabasco sauce.  I cut open a Tabasco pepper and removed the seeds.  They are drying in a bowl and will go into a paper envelope soon.



4 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:27 AM

    How are your Columnar apples on B9 doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:21 PM

    So far, so good. Most are still short, about three feet. Some had a few apples this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:20 PM

    In two years they maxed out at 3 feet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:05 AM

      Most are about three feet. The tallest is six feet and had a couple of apples this year. That was the only one of these to get consistent watering and fertilizer. Some of the small ones had a couple of apples. They are definitely small. My other apples on Bud-9 are three or four feet tall in the same time span. This is about where I want them at this point. Another thought, most of the columnar on Bud-9 are in corners of the garden that were weedy this year and didn't get water or fertilizer. I may transfer one or two to container growing this winter, as an experiment. I have run out of room, so container might be a good option. - Daniel

      Delete