Thursday, November 17, 2022

Overwintering Pepper Plants. Update. 11.17.22

 I check the pepper plants every two days.  They have indoors now for 3 to 4 weeks.  A few are in the sunroom, to ripen remaining peppers (Thai, Tabasco, a Serranno).  The others are in a 50s to 60s cool bright room.

I am moving the rest into the cool, bright room too.  I want them to be dormant.

Here are a Tabasco (left ) and Serrano (right)


They look about the same as when I transplanted them.  The stems are still green.  The peppers are about the same.  That's fine.  I want dormancy, not growth.

The Serrano had tiny fuzzy things on the soil.  I think they are whiteflies.  Not very active in the coolness.


I sprayed the plant and soil with this stuff.



Most of the fuzzy things disappeared immediately.  There were a few remaining, so I sprayed with some old Safer brand neem spray too.

Here are some of the other pepper plants.  Left to Right, Cayenne, Banana, Early Jalapeño.



The Cayenne is pushing a few buds.  So is the Banana.  Not much, but you can tell they are alive.  The stems are still green.  I didn't defoliate the Jalapeño.  It's mostly just sitting there, but the nodes are a little knobby, like some buds want to show.

Closeup of the Cayenne.


So far, so good.  They still have a long way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment