Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Quilt is Almost Done. Batik Disappearing Nine Patch. 5.17.2022

No garden today.  I had to be around for contractors and fuss over sick Rufus.  He seems to be improving.

I used the indoor time to finish the quilting for the batik disappearing nine patch quilt,

This is a description of how a disappearing nine patch works.

Here is the actual traditional nine patch quilt that I finished earlier this year.


Back to the current project, I opted for the modern quilting concept of sewing parallel lines.  


I think parallel lines are a good choice for this modern, geometric quilt with colorful fabrics.  It can be tedious, sewing lines repeatedly.  I used painters' tape to help me keep the lines mostly straight.

I finished all of the quilting.  



Now I need to trim off the excess batting and backing, nice and even with the quilt top, then sew on the binding which makes a nice border and edge for the quilt.  I chose plain black cotton fabric, which I think will make kind of an elegant binding.

I did not prewash the fabric.  When it is washed, I hope the washing and drying will give it a kind of crinkly quilted look.  Sometimes it works.


No comments:

Post a Comment