Saturday, May 14, 2022

Planting Squash Seedlings. 5.14.22

 So far, the squash seeds that are growing are, Costata Romanesca, Fordhook Zucchini, Galeux d'Eysines Pumpkin, Uncle Dave's Dakota Dessert (Buttercup type), Red Kuri, Burgess Buttercup.   I think there are signs of life with the Honeynut, Saffron, and Sure Thing Zucchini.  Two will be given away, and I need to plan where to plant the others so I don't confuse myself.

I decided the two buttercup types will replace the massive Pink Banana and Illinois Squashes this year.

I may plant the smaller bearing Honeynut Squash against a trellis, for space conservation.


Squashes grow fast.  I need to get them into the ground within a week.  Here is the first of the Galeux d'Eysines, which was all I could plant before rains resumed.




No comments:

Post a Comment