Saturday, May 21, 2022

Lemon Sugar Cookies. 5.21.22

 Today I made a batch of the usual peanut butter cookies.  Then I made a batch of Lemon Sugar Cookies.  The recipe was on the back of a flour package, Bob's Red Mill, and can be found here.  I don't know if it is copyrighted so I linked.

Here is how they came out.


These have a flavor and texture similar to Madelines.   I like them better than the Madelines that I made.  The contain zest from an entire lemon, plus 2 tbsp of the juice.  The recipe stated it made two dozen.  I though it would make more, but it was exactly two dozen.  Very tasty, lemony cookies.

I wonder if the same recipe could be used, but substitute a Mandarin orange or Tangerine for the lemon juice.  It would need to be as acidic for them to rise so nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment