Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Iris if the Day. "Sea Power". And Others. 5.21.19

Sea Power.  5.21.19

Sea Power.  5.21.19
 Today's iris of the day is "Sea Power", a modern, very ruffled blue tall bearded iris.  I've had it several years but this is the first bloom.  Mildly fragrant.  Nice color, big blue flowers.  Very nice.

I may have to re-label that previous "American Classic".  I think that wasn't from my own originals but rather a curbside pile of rhizomes with a "free" sign.  I didn't know I still had"American Classic" and bought a new one last summer from Schreiners.  That new one is about to bloom, with what appears to be richer color and more modern form.  That brings the question, what is is iris, and I don't know,  I will need to recaption when I'm on my computer.

The others are new photos of varieties that continue to bloom,  It's nice walking around looking at them and sniffing for scent.
Opening Flower, American Classic.  5.21.19

Immortality

Dark Blue Iris.  Blue Knight?  Before the Storm?  5.22119

Sunny Disposition.  5.21.19

Los Coyotes.  5.21.19

No comments:

Post a Comment