Monday, May 27, 2019

Apple Grafting Progress Report. 5.27.19

Columnar Apple Grafts on Bud-9 Rootstock.  5.27.19
Some of the new fruit grafts were quite stressed by recent hot weather.  They were not ready for it.

These grafts are columnar apple trees on dwarfing rootstock Bud-9. They had the advantage of being bench grafts, growing in containers.  I moved them to the shade when it became hot.  I wondered if a couple would make it.  They are looking good.  There is some slug damage, so I gave them some slug bait. I think all of the grafts have healed together, and actual growth is commencing.

2 comments:

  1. Impressive, esp. after my failure. Miss you at AN.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Randy. These are the potted ones. There are more on the trees that I added branches too, and three more in the ground. With a hot spell, I lost a few. Most are looking ok and some are looking very good.

      Delete