Saturday, May 25, 2019

Irises of the Day. "Fresh Start". And Others. 5.25.19

Tall Bearded Iris "Fresh Start".  5.25.19

 Today's "Iris of the Day" is "Fresh Start", a newer introduction from Schreiners'.  It's a big flower, tall stem. Fell down in the rains, so I tied it to a bamboo stick.  Nice color and bright appearance.  Not much by way of fragrance  This is not a "me too" iris in my bed.  No others in my garden look like it.

Among the others, "Edith Wolford" lightened up when fully open, so now is the typical appearance.

"Accent" is a blooming machine.  It also held up in the rain.

New, reblooming variety "I'm Back" has a nice flower, but the stems are very short.  I suspect that's because this is it's first year, and the rhizomes have not built up enough power to make a taller stalk.  I hope so, otherwise it would be culled.  One foot is just too short for such a big flower.
Historic Tall Bearded Iris "Accent".  5.25.19

Tall Bearded Iris "Edith Wolford".  5.25.19
 "Padded Shoulders" is also kind of a blooming machine.  Very nice.
Tall Bearded Iris "I'm Back". 5.25.19

Tall Bearded Iris "Padded Shoulders".  5.25.19
Iris Bed.  5.25.19
"Immortality" continues to shine.  It's almost luminescent.

No comments:

Post a Comment