Thursday, April 21, 2022

The Last Batch of Seed Potatoes are Planted. 4.21.22

Thanks to my helper who dug the trenches, I was able to plant two rows of late potato Elba and one of mid season potato Soraya.  This area has not been used for garden before.

That's the last of the potato starts.  I could celebrate by having an impromptu parade on Main street, but I feel too tired LOL.

Just because potato starts in a trench aren't all that interesting, here is a free vintage illustration of potatoes from a website called freevintageillustrations.com.


It doesn't look like potatoes have changed much over the years 😀

Trench of Elba potato starts, before covering them.  I mixed in about a half cup of "Morecrop" vegetable fertilizer in the trench before planting.



Here is a view with my loyal companion.  He's keeping a careful watch so that evil cats and stupid deer don't attack.





No comments:

Post a Comment