Saturday, April 16, 2022

Some of the Moved Plants in the Meditation Garden. 4.16.22

Today I found two big clumps of Crocosmia "Lucifer" to move to the meditation garden. Also called the "deer park" or "beneficial insect garden. I had to dig very deeply and lift carefully to move the clumps. They were very heavy. I think I got most of them. They are pretty hardy, deer and rabbits dont touch them, they don't require watering during hot weather, and hummingbirds like them. Plus they have striking red flowers in mid summer.
Most of the other moved plants are settled in and growing. One exception is Rosemary. Most seem to be dying. This one seems OK so far.
Most of the rest seem settled in and growing nicely. The rhubarb divisions and horseradish divisions look promising. One has a too-close clump of Camassia that I might divide this summer.
(to be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment