Wednesday, April 06, 2022

Planting Four O'clock Seeds and a Couple of Tomato and Eggplants. 4.6.22

 I had some brilliant yellow Four O'Clock seeds that I collected two years ago from a plant growing in the front yard.  It cones up each year, grows, blooms beautifully, never needs watering, and deer don't touch it.

I also have a packet of mixed colors of Four O'Clock seeds.  They will go into a different location.

The "Extreme Dwarf" tomato should extend the season longer.  I planted the first bunch of those a month ago.  Very container friendly, prolific and tasty, but small - about the size of a heritage sauce tomato.

I found the eggplant seed packet so decided to start those too.


Here is that "Four O'Clock in 2020.  I don't have a definite lineage, but I've been saving seeds and growing them for roughly 20 years, so these are probably descended from the first ones I grew back then.  The first photo was from 2014.


Then from 2020



No comments:

Post a Comment