Friday, April 08, 2022

Making Another Garden Cap (Cadet Cap). 4.8.22

 I made some more adjustments in my cadet cap sewing.  The last caps needed a bit more tightness, so I added a headband, which helped.  I had ordered some more heavier weight interfacing for cap bills.  In error, the interfacing that I received was fusible on both sides.  I didn't think I liked that, but it turned out to make a much better bill.  I has just the right flexibility and stiffness.

I used left over chino trowser fabric as before.  It's both tough and soft and pliable.



The inside is flannel.  The inside top is quilted for scalp protection.


The cap is reversible, if I want the flannel on the outside.  There are no fabric raw edges.


It's comfortable and a perfect fit.


Sometimes I like to save the label from the source fabric, as a kind of logo.


2 comments:

  1. That is totally awesome. My husband destroys his chinos and we've always just used them for rags but this is even better, especially with his bald head in the summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It's a fun and practical sewing project. Better than anything from the store, too.

    ReplyDelete