Tuesday, April 05, 2022

Main Crop Potato Starts Arrived. 4.5.22

 The potato starts I ordered from Fedco in Maine arrived yesterday.  I opened them and havecthem in the sunroom to pre-sprout (chit).

Envol are super early producers. "The earliest of the Early".  Yukon Gem is an updated version of Yukon Gold - a little later but more disease resistant and more productive,


Sorya is a German variety, Yellow flesh, midseason, long keeping that produces well with low fertility soils.  Kennebec is mid season, so far my favorite of all potato varieties.


The seed potatoes all look about the same so I wont add more photos.  I also bought a late season variety, Elba - white flesh, disease resistant, and supposedly very long keeping type potato.

I'll need to prepare some more area for them.  This is enough for five long rows and I've only prepared two rows so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment