Friday, January 27, 2023

Winter Garden Update. Garlic and Daffodils. 1.27.22

 I wondered if I had planted the garlic too deep.  The Music (hardneck) garlic cloves were gargantuan, so I planted them 4 inches deep.  They did not emerge during the fall, like they usually do.  I had the  covered with tree leaves, so I pulled the leaves aside to expose the ground to the sun.  I noticed over the last week that all of the Music garlic is up now.  So I feel much more confidant about that now.


Th Lorz (softneck) are further behind.  For some reason, one row is up and the other two are not.  Or did I plant an extra row of Music garlic there?  Last winter, Lorz waited much longer to emerge, so that variety must be slower anyway.

I scattered slug bait on the rows.  Slugs can do a job on garlic, and onions, this time of year.  I also scattered eggshells for the calcium and nitrogen benefits.

Some of the daffys are also emerging through their mulch.





No comments:

Post a Comment