Friday, January 27, 2023

Germinating Seed Starts. 1.27.22

 So far, so good.  Most of the seeds are germinating.

All of the eggplant varieties have germinated.  So have the basil, yellow hybrid onion, Red Wethersfield historic (non hybrid) onion (seeds two years old), Chinese leek (Chinese Chive, Garlic Chive), Cheyenne Spirit Echinacea (not stratified), and most of the peppers.   The Tigridia have not germinated, but at a close look, one seed might be starting.  The Thai peppers were slow but a few are starting to emerge.  So far, the only peppers with zero growth so far, are Arapaho and all of the Yellow Banana Peppers, from any packet / source.





I thought that none if the Thai peppers were going to germinate, so I used some dried pepper pods still on the plants that I'm trying to overwinter, and collected some seeds to start.


I also collected some seeds from dried Pasilla-ancho peppers, from the grocery store.



Those don't look promising, but I planted them today, anyway.

That got me thinking, I might like to try growing some other varieties, including Anchos, somI ordered some more seeds :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment