Monday, February 14, 2022

Spa Day For Rufus. 2.14.22

Yesterday Rufus had a quick bath in anticipation of today's haircut. Today was his big spa day. Before. Where is my dog? All I see is a big dust bunny!
He's mostly OK as long as I use hair scissors for his face and paws. I wonder if they were too forceful with him at groomers - he always seemed kind of traumatized. Giving haircuts at home, he seems less stressed. I don't worry about a glamour cut, just make him easier to wash and brush, and he can roll around in the grass to his heart's content. There is my dog!
Total time spent isn't much more than the round trips taking him to a groomer then picking him up. Maybe 90 min. Plus I give us both breaks to let the clippers cool down and recharge my own batteries. Nails will have to wait for tomorrow. He got a quick bath after his haircut too, to remove all of those hair clippings and dander. Now he's ready for a walk, and won't overheat.

No comments:

Post a Comment